This individual must be a dedicated, motivated professional who loves young children. Have a desire to work in a quality program and a positive work environment.
- Assist the Head Teacher/Director with the implementation of instruction of the children with an age-appropriate curriculum based on individual progress and goals set for each group
- Create positive and productive relationships and communications between yourself, other staff, parents, and children.
- Maintain a commitment to professionalism
- Supervise and ensure the safety of all children in your care.
- Create a warm, inviting and organized environment for both children and parents
- Be alert and aware of the needs of the children within the classroom
- Keep classroom and all areas neat, orderly, safe and healthy
- Attend all mandatory staff meetings
- Attend a minimum of 18 hours of approved professional development annually Must continue education in pursuit of at least a CDA or attain 6 credits in ECE in
arelated field within 6 months of employment
- Help to complete progress reports in a timely and efficient manner.
- High school diploma and at least 1+ years of relevant work experience with children.
- Experience in childcare preferred
- Must be Pediatric CPR certified or achieve certification within the first 6 months of employment
- Physical ability required: Must be able to lift and carry at least 40 pounds,
- Must be able to stand for extended period of time Must be able to get down at the children’s level and get up unassisted
- Must be able to react quickly to the needs of the children and classroom
- Must be able to both see and hear the children in the classroom at all times
- Must be proficient in both reading and writing
- Good verbal and written communication with parents, children and other members of the team
- Must obtain health assessment and TB test (negative result) before employment and continue to keep both current and up to date per Chapter 3270 of PA Code, Title 55.
- Must complete appropriate clearances (per Chapter 3270 of PA Code, Title 55.) before start of employment and returned to employer before the 30th calendar day after start date.