Skills | Opportunities | Achievement | Responsibility
In collaboration with OIC of America and through the U.S. Department of Labor, Montgomery County OIC offers workforce development and case management services for adults of all ages who have been involved in the criminal justice system.
The goal of the SOAR Workforce Reintegration Program is to help people make a successful transition into the workforce by earning Industry Recognized Credentials and becoming productive, responsible, and law-abiding citizens.
- Education and training such as GED and industry recognized vocational credentials (i.e. forklift, ServSafe).
- Identification of and assistance with removing barriers
- Case management services and referrals to partner agencies to help with personal needs
- Professional development workshops to gain skills for the workplace
- Employment and job placement services
- Resume and cover letter development, and interview skills training
- One on one skills assessment and goal setting
- Online job search and networking
- Referrals to job locator services
- Transportation and clothing assistance
- Employment readiness workshops
OIC’s national office, OIC of America, was awarded a US Department of Labor grant to serve people who have been involved in the criminal justice system in particular. Today, a select group of OIC affiliates including Montgomery County OIC are executing a national initiative named SOAR (Skills and Opportunities for Achievement & Responsibility) to promote workforce reintegration and reduce criminal activity as a direct response to mass incarceration in the U.S.
The nationwide SOAR program applies a comprehensive strategy to address a range of challenges in helping people make a successful transition back into the workforce. This program takes a surgical approach using the evidence-based Integrated Reentry and Employment Strategies (IRES) model to place participants on a sustainable career path, while working to prevent future involvement with the justice system. The model was first tested by OIC of South Florida and is now being replicated throughout the OIC network.
Aligned with our general workforce development services, the SOAR Reintegration Program equips Montco OIC to help anyone achieve job readiness, regardless of their age or circumstances.
Meet the Team
Jumpstart Your Career Today
We are currently accepting applications for our SOAR Workforce Reintegration Program. Register today and a member of our staff will contact you.